Application and acceptance required before enrollment.
Life Coach Training
See Terms of Study below before enrolling.
Instructor: Philip Golabuk
Format: 12 weeks; one hour-long phone bridge meeting per week with weekly handouts, unlimited email support
Prerequisite: LifeStudy (at least one session)
Requirements: email service and a phone
After checkout you'll receive an immediate email confirmation with instructions for scheduling your LCT training and calling the PhilosophyCenter phone bridge. You must respond and complete scheduling via email within three business days of registering or your enrollment will be cancelled and your payment refunded. Call the phone bridge may incur standard toll charges on your phone bill depending on your long distance service agreement.
|| PhilosophyCenter is pleased to offer LifeStudy graduates professional training and certification as a life coach through our Life Coach Training (LCT) program. LCT provides an intensive curriculum of individual study and supervised practice that imparts a working knowledge of philosophical coaching in just 12 weeks. Over the course of the training, the student learns the unique approach, principles, and methods for "deep" life coaching developed by PhilosophyCenter to help others identify unwitting assumptions, clear contradictions, take up a stance of creative collaboration with life, and make better choices in all areas of experience. The last six weeks of LCT are spent in supervised practice during which the student coaches the instructor, then moves on to coaching guest clients on the phone bridge scheduled by PhilosophyCenter. Successful completion of LCT leads to certification by PhilosophyCenter and designation as a PhilosophyCenter Certified Life Coach (PCLC).
Students who have completed PhilosophyCenter certification training consistently report a profound deepening of their self-work, during the training and afterward in sessions with others.
LCT is designed for:
The benefits of certification include:
Enrollment in LCT is by application only.
|If you'd like to enroll in the LCT program, contact us expressing your interest and telling us what makes taking part in this training important to you. Include any background you've had that you feel is relevant, whether or not formal training was involved. Please note that completion of at least one LifeStudy session is a prerequisite to LCT enrollment. We strongly recommend meeting this prerequisite before applying. Once we receive your statement of intent, we'll get back to you within 24 hours to let you know one way or the other if you've been accepted into the program. The decision to invite candidates to enroll in LCT is made at the discretion of the director of PhilosophyCenter. It is generally not open to discussion, and remains in force for a period of six months, after which the student may reapply. Those who reapply and are not accepted a second time are not eligible to reapply again.|
The Socratic Method
Aristotle's Three Laws
The Right Questions
Life Principles I
Life Principles II
Coaching the Instructor
|Over the years, we've established the following Terms of Study to ensure that students receive the greatest benefit from their work with us, and to preserve the integrity of our curriculum and programs.
1. The student should call in each week preferably on a land line phone, as cell phones and VoIP phones such as Skype may result in poor network performance on the phone bridge. Students who opt to place the call via cell phone or VoIP assume responsibility for the acceptability of the connection. In the event that such calls cause excessive noise, repeat disconnects, or other issues that hinder the normal course of study, the instructor may end the call early and reschedule the missed meeting at a time when the student has access to a land line phone. Any such issues must be resolved by the student prior to the supervised coaching segment of the training, during which guest clients are scheduled.
2. LCT classes take place over 12 consecutive weeks. Given the flexibility of individual study, however, the student may reschedule a given week up to twice during the initial six weeks of the session only. Students who miss more than two classes during the first six weeks will not be eligible to complete the session and receive certification. Rescheduled classes must be picked up the following week at the regularly scheduled time. As guest clients are scheduled during the last four weeks of the session, the student may not miss any of these meetings. In the event that missing a week is unavoidable, the instructor will conduct the coaching session with the guest, add the missed week to the end of the session, and schedule an alternate guest. Note that missing a meeting during which a guest has been scheduled is allowed only once during the session. Further missed guest coaching sessions cannot be made up, and will delay certification until such time as the student makes separate arrangements to complete the supervised coaching part of the training through a LifeStudy, for which the student will be financially responsible.
3. The student should arrange to phone the bridge a few minutes before the start of the call each week and be free to stay the entire hour. Call Waiting should be disabled prior to placing the call. Note that the instructor will wait ten minutes for the student to arrive on the bridge, failing which class will be cancelled and counedt as a missed class.
4. All PhilosophyCenter students are required to maintain an attitude of respect for the instructor, and to refrain from polemics, sarcasm, profanity, and any other inappropriate forms of expression during the call and in emails or other forms of communication. The failure to honor this requirement may result in loss of access to the phone bridge, PhilosophyCenter support, and eligibility for future enrollments.
5. Phone bridge numbers and PIN access codes are to be kept confidential and used only during the session in which the student is enrolled.
By registering you acknowledge that you have read and agree to abide by these Terms of Study.
In light of disclosures of the domestic surveillance activities of the National Security Agency of the United States, we cannot guarantee the privacy and confidentiality of phone conversations beyond our own strict, internal standards.
|PCLCs must abide by the following Terms of Practice to keep their certification active:
1. The PCLC may refer to himself or herself only as a "PhilosophyCenter Certified Coach" or "Certified Coach" but not as a "Certified PhilosophyCenter Coach" or other such variations that may be ambiguous or imply direct PhilosophyCenter staff affiliation. PCLCs practice as independent contractors.
2. PCLCs may not copy, reproduce, or distribute content from LCT or the PhilosophyCenter web site, or reproduce or distribute PhilosophyCenter copyrighted materials or programs for any purpose in any medium. Certification does not qualify or entitle the PCLC to teach LCT or to present the principles or practices of any other PhilosophyCenter program. Note that PhilosophyCenter does not endorse, authorize, or allow the dissemination of its intellectual property by any third party in any form, e.g., books, workshops, tapes, blog posts or other writings, etc.
3. PhilosophyCenter will provide PCLCs, upon certification, with collateral materials for distribution to clients and prospective clients. PCLCs also may produce their own materials, but must submit them to PhilosophyCenter for review and approval prior to disseminating them. Any materials PCLCs produce may not include excerpts from the PhilosophyCenter web site or programs. PCLCs agree not to make public any materials they have produced that PhilosophyCenter has disapproved for any reason.
4. PCLCs may use the PCLC logo freely as an identifying graphic asset, but may not use the PhilosophyCenter logo.
5. PCLCs agree to abide by the standard of unconditional respect for all who come to them for life coaching by never divulging to any third party information shared in a session that might in any way identify those whom they have coached. PCLCs further agree not even to bring up such material to the person who provided it, e.g., in a previous session, unless they have asked for and obtained permission beforehand.
6. As honoring these Terms of Practice is a requirement of PCLC standing and ongoing support and benefits from PhilosophyCenter, PCLCs understand and accept that the failure to honor these terms may, if the issue cannot be resolved otherwise, constitute grounds for suspension or in extreme cases revocation of their certification at the discretion of PhilosophyCenter, and that these Terms of Practice as well as PCLC programs may be revised or amended from time to time to improve the program as PhilosophyCenter deems fit.
These Terms of Practice are spelled out so that the LCT student will be clear about what the commitment to certification entails and requires. Our commitment is to do our part tirelessly to guide and support PCLC candidates from the start of training through certification and afterward, so that they can enjoy a new depth of fulfillment and enrichment in their life coaching practice, and serve as a resource for helping others come to the liberating realization of philosophical self-work.
|The LCT Study Guide is provided in Adobe's popular Portable Document Format (PDF). To view and print it, you'll need Adobe Reader, available free on Adobe's web site. Clicking the icon on the left will take you to the Reader download page.|
© 2017 PhilosophyCenter. All rights reserved. Adobe and PDF are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.